At Devour Tours our mission is to give curious visitors to Spain a true taste of this country’s culture, history and – importantly – food! We proudly partner with family-run establishments, we believe in ethical and sustainable tourism and are passionate about helping our tour guests feel like locals. We work hard, we demand excellence of ourselves and those we work with, and we take a keen interest in the professional development of the people on our team.
If you’re excited by our mission, passionate about sharing your knowledge for Spain and would love to work for a leading company in this country’s fast-paced tourism industry, then we want to hear from you!
Below are the positions we currently have available. Having said that, we are always looking to hear from smart, motivated people who would love to work for a young, vibrant and ambitious company like Devour Tours. Even if we don’t have a place for you right now – we’ll certainly take notice and give you a ring when something comes up.
Social Media & PR Coordinator
Status: Accepting applications
Are you passionate about food and the story it can tell? Would you like to join a marketing team who feels the same way? We’re looking for someone to join our team as a Social Media & PR Coordinator to grow our social media following, build our online presence and help show more of the world what we do here at Devour Tours! The ideal candidate would create and implement an annual social media calendar, manage Instagram and Facebook accounts across various cities, create Facebook and Instagram ads optimized for high ROI, conduct monthly reporting and metrics, and contribute to PR efforts.
Salary: (Gross/Bruto per year): €17,000-€19,000
What we offer:
A full-time contract based in Madrid. The role is temporary to start (6 months) but could turn into a long-term position if company growth goals are met. Competitive pay and benefits along with the opportunity to join a fast-growing, industry-leading company and develop your career in one of Spain’s most exciting sectors. Staff receive friends and family discounts on tours as well as continuous training about food and drink while working for us.
- is legally allowed to work in Spain
- is a fluent English speaker, with a proficient level of Spanish
- has exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adapt the style, tone, and voice of various types of content; Knowledge of SEO is a plus
- efficient and up-to-date in all social media platforms (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest)
- is highly organized and extremely detail-oriented
- has experience with Google docs and Google Sheets or Excel
- has an eye for design and great images
- is proactive
- is passionate about creating and refining systems
- can multi-task, provide timelines and hit deadlines
- is tech-savvy
- listens to feedback and acts on it
- is excited about coming up with ideas that can add to growth for the company
The successful candidate will also have:
- meticulous grammar and experience creating and editing content (experience with WordPress ideal).
- experience with Google AdWords
- their finger on the pulse of food and tourism in Spain and surroundings
- passion and excitement for the tourism industry and Devour Tours’ mission
- some form of previous professional social media experience
- excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- strong computer skills, experience using a range of diverse programs
- a dedication to self-education
- personal travel experience within Spain
How to apply
Please send an email to email@example.com. In the subject line include your first and last names and the words “Devour Tours Marketing Application.”
In the email, you must include:
- A small paragraph about why you think you’d make a great Social Media & PR Coordinator for Devour Tours, how long you’ve been in Madrid and a fun fact about yourself
- A recent photo in jpeg format (and a link to a video of you if one exists online)
- Your CV in .doc or PDF format
Only complete applications will be considered. We will contact suitable candidates by email to set up an interview.
Many thanks for your interest in working with Devour Tours.
Food Tour Guides Needed
Status: We accept applications on a rolling basis for vacancies that may open up throughout the year.
Do you love Madrid and Spain? Do you love Spanish food? Can you command a crowd, make them listen and make them laugh? Then you might be a perfect candidate for a job as a food tour guide with Madrid Food Tour. We’re currently looking for qualified and enthusiastic guides. If you think you might be the right person, check the application requirements below and get in touch.
What makes a great food tour guide?
You need to make a great first impression, be a fantastic storyteller, have an infectious sense of humor, be adept at thinking quickly on your feet, be responsible and detail-oriented and be empathetic and highly sensitive to people’s backgrounds, cultures, and differences.
We want people who are passionate about Madrid, Spain, and this country’s cuisine, and who know how to communicate that passion to others and make them as excited as you.
What we offer…
Guides give approximately 2 to 5 tours a week (depending on the season and including daytime and nighttime shifts), and each tour lasts an average of four hours. Once you’re all trained up, you’ll earn a competitive per-tour rate plus tips. Guides also receive friends and family discounts on our tours as well as continuous free training about Madrid and Spanish food and drink while working for us.
- Have a native or very high level of English, with a high level of Spanish
- Be allowed to work in Spain and registered (or willing to register) as an autónomo
As an ethical employer, we only work with autónomo guides, meaning you can legally invoice us and we can legally pay you. Becoming autónomo is very easy (we can help get you set up) and note that under current laws in Madrid, for the first 18 months you’ll only pay €50/month social security.
Please note: if you are on a student visa this does not allow you to be autónomo and unfortunately means you’re not able to work with us.
- Have lived in Madrid for at least one year
- Have a smartphone and be easily reachable via it to advise about last minute tours, tour changes and other information (whether via Whatsapp, SMS or email)
- Have access to internet at home and check their email at least once a day; and
- Be available for monthly staff meetings and periodic (fun!) training sessions.
We prefer applicants to have a smartphone and be easily reachable via it (to advise about last minute tours, tour changes and other information).
How to apply…
Please send an email in English to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the subject line include your first and last names and the words “Tour Guide Application”.
In the email, you must include:
- A brief statement (approximately a paragraph) about why you think you’d make a great food tour guide with Madrid Food Tour. Make your paragraph striking and witty – this is your first chance to show us your personality.
- State any previous experience, studies or credentials that you think would be relevant to your application.
- State how long you have lived in Madrid.
- State your level of English and Spanish.
- State your availability
- State your age
Please attach to the email:
- A recent photo in jpeg format (or a link to a video of you if one exists online – please do not attach videos)
- Your CV in English in either .doc or .pdf format
- Anything else you’d like us to consider (links to a blog, YouTube channel, etc.)
Before you send the email, please check you’ve included everything we ask for above. Only complete applications will be considered.
We will contact suitable candidates by email to set up an interview.
Freelance Content Writer (remote)
– Has lived or spent a significant time in at least one of the following places: Galicia, Granada, Valencia, or San Sebastian.
– Has strong writing skills
– Is knowledgeable about Spanish culture and food
– Understands importance of fact checking
– Knows how to meet deadlines—no excuses here
-Please send your CV to email@example.com and state your relevant experience.
-Submit a 300-word writing sample on 5 Things to Do in one of the cities mentioned above to firstname.lastname@example.org
For any questions regarding the position, please email email@example.com!