At Devour Tours our mission is to give curious visitors to Spain a true taste of this country’s culture, history and – importantly – food! We proudly partner with family-run establishments, we believe in ethical and sustainable tourism and are passionate about helping our tour guests feel like locals. We work hard, we demand excellence of ourselves and those we work with, and we take a keen interest in the professional development of the people on our team.
If you’re excited by our mission, passionate about sharing your knowledge for Spain and would love to work for a leading company in this country’s fast-paced tourism industry, then we want to hear from you!
Below are the positions we currently have available. Having said that, we are always looking to hear from smart, motivated people who would love to work for a young, vibrant and ambitious company like Devour Tours. Even if we don’t have a place for you right now – we’ll certainly take notice and give you a ring when something comes up.
Customer Service Representative
Status: Now hiring to start in April 2018 (full-time)
Are you highly organized, driven and detail-oriented with a customer-focused mindset? Do you love food and drink– especially local eats? Then you might make the perfect full-time Customer Service Representation with Devour Tours.
We’re looking for a friendly and responsible Customer Service Representative to join our growing team in central Madrid! Our ideal candidate is someone with previous experience in a customer-facing role and with a positive, go-getter attitude.
You’ll be responsible for giving stellar service to our guests over the phone and email as well as collaborating with different teams in our various cities. The bottom line is that we’re looking for a goal-oriented customer service team member who takes initiative and is looking to help Devour Tours provide the best gastronomic experiences! This role reports to the Customer Service Director.
What we offer
A full-time contract based in Madrid. Competitive pay and benefits and the opportunity to join a fast growing industry-leading company and develop your career in one of Spain’s most exciting sectors. Staff receive friends and family discounts on tours as well as continuous training about Spanish food and drink while working for us.
- – Embody Devour Tours’ Customer Service principle in every contact you have with a customer and provide information and exceptional assistance to people booking tours (phone/email)
- – Work alongside the Customer Service Director to improve customer satisfaction.
- – Near native English (C2) and high level of Spanish (minimum B2 level)
- – Permission to work in Spain (no freelance or student visa)
- – Excellent writing skills
- – Attention to detail, organized, ability to multitask and prioritize projects while meeting deadlines
- – Tech-savvy and adept at using multiple email accounts, helpdesk, Google calendars, our online booking system
- – Polite, very friendly and positive, but precise
- – LOVES Spain, its food, and culture!
- – Doesn’t wait to be told what to do, but uses initiative and creativity to do what needs doing and takes personal responsibility for solving problems and producing results
- – Preferred: Experience in customer service or customer facing roles and experience in the tourism industry
- Have a native or very high level of English, with a high level of Spanish
- Be allowed to work in Spain and registered (or willing to register) as an autónomo
- Have lived in Madrid for at least one year
- Have a smartphone and be easily reachable via it to advise about last minute tours, tour changes and other information (whether via Whatsapp, SMS or email)
- Have access to internet at home and check their email at least once a day; and
- Be available for monthly staff meetings and periodic (fun!) training sessions.
- A brief statement (approximately a paragraph) about why you think you’d make a great food tour guide with Madrid Food Tour. Make your paragraph striking and witty – this is your first chance to show us your personality.
- State any previous experience, studies or credentials that you think would be relevant to your application.
- State how long you have lived in Madrid.
- State your level of English and Spanish.
- State your availability
- State your age
- A recent photo in jpeg format (or a link to a video of you if one exists online – please do not attach videos)
- Your CV in English in either .doc or .pdf format
- Anything else you’d like us to consider (links to a blog, YouTube channel, etc.)
We are looking for someone who…
How to apply
To apply, please send an email in English to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: [Customer Service Representative: YOUR NAME] and fill out this form. Only applicants who send both their CV and form will be considered. We will contact suitable candidates by email to set up an interview.
Food Tour Guides Needed
Status: We accept applications on a rolling basis for vacancies that may open up throughout the year.
Do you love Madrid and Spain? Do you love Spanish food? Can you command a crowd, make them listen and make them laugh? Then you might be a perfect candidate for a job as a food tour guide with Madrid Food Tour. We’re currently looking for qualified and enthusiastic guides. If you think you might be the right person, check the application requirements below and get in touch.
What makes a great food tour guide?
You need to make a great first impression, be a fantastic storyteller, have an infectious sense of humor, be adept at thinking quickly on your feet, be responsible and detail-oriented and be empathetic and highly sensitive to people’s backgrounds, cultures, and differences.
We want people who are passionate about Madrid, Spain, and this country’s cuisine, and who know how to communicate that passion to others and make them as excited as you.
What we offer…
Guides give approximately 2 to 5 tours a week (depending on the season and including daytime and nighttime shifts), and each tour lasts an average of four hours. Once you’re all trained up, you’ll earn a competitive per-tour rate plus tips. Guides also receive friends and family discounts on our tours as well as continuous free training about Madrid and Spanish food and drink while working for us.
As an ethical employer, we only work with autónomo guides, meaning you can legally invoice us and we can legally pay you. Becoming autónomo is very easy (we can help get you set up) and note that under current laws in Madrid, for the first 18 months you’ll only pay €50/month social security.
Please note: if you are on a student visa this does not allow you to be autónomo and unfortunately means you’re not able to work with us.
We prefer applicants to have a smartphone and be easily reachable via it (to advise about last minute tours, tour changes and other information).
How to apply…
Please send an email in English to email@example.com. In the subject line include your first and last names and the words “Tour Guide Application”.
In the email, you must include:
Please attach to the email:
Before you send the email, please check you’ve included everything we ask for above. Only complete applications will be considered.
We will contact suitable candidates by email to set up an interview.