Evening Tapas & Flamenco Tour
Key Information: Evening Tapas & Flamenco Tour
|Available most evenings at 6:00pm. Check our calendar above for all actual dates available|
|Tours last approximately 4.5 hours|
|Starts at Plaza de las Cortes. Ends in Puerta de Sol.|
|€125 per adult (€103.31 plus 21% Spanish sales tax); €99 per teen (age 13 to 17); €69 per child (age 12 and under)|
What to Expect on Your Tour
Join us for a delicious and dramatic evening of Madrid’s best tapas and flamenco! On our four-hour Madrid Tapas and Flamenco Tour you’ll discover why Madrid is called the Capital of Flamenco (hint: this is where the great performers come to make their name!) and taste why the Spanish capital is famous for its incredible tapas bars.
Too many visitors to Spain watch a flamenco show without really knowing what it’s all about. Or eat tapas without knowing where to go, or how to do it like a local. By taking this tour, you’ll gain a new-found knowledge, appreciation and love of both!
Your expert guide will meet you in one of Madrid’s most beautiful neighborhoods – the Literary Quarter – and whisk you off to two gorgeous family-run tapas bars. Over glasses of great local wine, some of the country’s best cured ham, cheese and other tapas, your guide will give you a crash course in tapas-hopping Madrid-style as well as a fascinating introduction to the age-old and mysterious story of flamenco. All your questions will be answered – where was this unique art form born, what are they singing about, how does flamenco fit into Spanish culture today…
Then, armed with all that knowledge, your guide will lead you to Madrid’s famous flamenco venue Cardamomo where you’ll settle in with a drink and soak up the power, drama and spectacle of world-class flamenco singers, dancers and guitar players.
As the music settles, the evening continues, and you’ll head to a tucked-away tavern where you’ll sit down to a hearty dinner of hot-off-the-grill tapas and glasses of wine from the tavern’s own vineyard. Plus, of course, something sweet (and surprising) for dessert.
And as with all Devour Madrid tours, your guide will give you a copy of our Devouring Madrid mini-guide, which is packed with all our favourite places to eat and drink in the city, so you’ll be eating well for the rest of your stay! And you’ll also get our special flamenco guide full of the names of great flamenco books, films and albums so you can continue growing your new-found love of flamenco.
Join us for an incredible evening of flamenco and tapas in Madrid!
Please Note: This tour shares a couple of stops with our daytime Huertas Neighborhood Food & Market Tour, so we do not recommend booking both tours during your stay. It also shares one stop with our Evening Tapas & Wine Tasting Tour. Finally, the flamenco performance is quite loud so we don’t recommend it for guests under 5 years of age.
Why Choose This Tour
- 2-in-1 tour! You’ll enjoy an unbeatable combination of tapas and flamenco– two essential Madrid experiences packed into one fun-filled and delicious evening.
- Locals only! We visit and support local, family-run businesses that are extremely proud of what they do.
- Three family-run tapas bars From the traditional aperitif, to Spanish wine paired with the best cured meats and cheeses, to a dinner of hearty, hot-off-the-grill tapas – it’s a delicious, authentic and filling Madrid tapas experience across three very local bars.
- Experience the best flamenco Madrid is called the Capital of Flamenco because the dancers, singers and performers here are among the world’s best. And we’ll take you to Cardamomo – one of the city’s most highly-rated and authentic flamenco shows.
- Discover flamenco’s story Seeing a flamenco show is one thing, but knowing what you’re watching takes the experience to an unforgettable level. We’ll help you to truly appreciate this stunning, unique art form.
- Get our Devouring Madrid guide All our guests receive our Devouring Madrid mini-guide, with some of the best places to eat in Madrid (very handy for the rest of your stay!)