Madrid for Kids Walking Tour With Snacks (Private)
Enjoy a fun & interactive walking tour of Madrid's city center designed just for kids, and taste ham & churros!
- An interactive walking tour through Madrid's historic city center, specially designed for kids ages 2 to 12
- Adapted material and activities for your kids, depending on their ages-- including a language learning option!
- Delicious stop at a family-run ham shop to learn about (and taste!) Spanish ham and olive oil, and enjoy a drink while kids make their own Spanish sandwiches!
- Madrid's main sites: the Royal Palace, Plaza de la Villa, Plaza Mayor & Puerta del Sol
- A stop at Madrid's most famous place for churros and chocolate-- a favorite of Spanish kids everywhere!
- An expert guide who makes Madrid's stories and legends come alive for your kids
Our guide was as charming as she was informed. We had a quick stop with our kids in Madrid, and decided to learn about central Madrid. Normally our kids tire of walking tours pretty fast, but guide Arantxa was so personable, and the food so delicious, that our kids were as rapt as we were.
Last minute we decided to book the kids walking tour and we were pleasantly surprised how much fun we had. Our kids 8 and 12 loved it. Ewan, our guide, was excellent and very interactive with the kids. We all learned a lot and thoroughly enjoyed our stops for jamón and later churros. Highly recommend this family tour!
Margit was entertaining, engaging and creative. She also had various activities and games for our daughter that kept her interested and giggling along the way. Thanks to her tips, she had us feeling like true locals. The next time we visit Madrid, we will absolutely be taking another Devour Tour... worth every penny!
- Iberian ham and cured meats (the best of the best!)
- A tasting of award-winning organic olive oil
- Piping hot churros and chocolate
- A beverage of choice (cava, wine, beer, water, soft drinks)
- Spanish style hot chocolate
- Coffee or tea
What to Expect on Your Tour
Discover Madrid’s historic city center on a family-friendly walking tour with an expert guide. Our Madrid for Kids tour is specially designed for kids ages 2 to 12, with adapted activities and conversation topics for each age group. You can even add on our language learning activities if your kids are interested in practicing their Spanish!
The walking tour explores the city’s beautiful historic center, passing through Madrid’s main sights: The Royal Palace, Plaza de la Villa, San Miguel Market, Plaza Mayor and the Puerta del Sol. The fun and dynamic tour will keep your children engaged throughout with stories of Spanish history– explorers, kings and queens, princes and princesses, knights, artists, and more. For young children, activities and games may include searching for the symbol of Madrid throughout the tour– our beloved “oso” bear!
About one hour into the tour, we’ll make our first stop for a tasting of the best Iberian ham and cured meats at a traditional, family-run ham shop. Adults and children will enjoy a beverage of choice (cava, wine, beer, soft drinks, or water) and kids will learn the art of making Spanish sandwiches, called “bocadillos” as they learn all about Spanish culture and how kids their own age live in Spain.
Towards the end of the route, you’ll make your second food stop at Chocolatería San Ginés, the city’s most famous spot for piping hot churros and chocolate. You’re welcome to have a coffee or tea as a pick me up before continuing the day.
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides, who loves kids! They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map Your Tour
Explore Madrid's most famous historic squares and hidden alleys in the capital's majestic center!