Madrid for Kids Walking Tour
Enjoy a fun & interactive walking tour of Madrid's city center designed just for kids, and taste ham & churros!
- An interactive walking tour through Madrid's historic city center, specially designed for kids ages 6 to 14
- Adapted material and activities for your kids, depending on their ages-- including a language learning option!
- Delicious stop at a family-run ham shop to learn about (and taste!) Spanish ham and olive oil, and enjoy a drink while kids make their own Spanish sandwiches!
- Madrid's main sites: the Royal Palace, Plaza de la Villa, Plaza Mayor & Puerta del Sol
- A stop at Madrid's most famous place for churros and chocolate-- a favorite of Spanish kids everywhere!
- An expert guide who makes Madrid's stories and legends come alive for your kids
- Iberian ham and cured meats (the best of the best!)
- A tasting of award-winning organic olive oil
- Piping hot churros and chocolate
- A beverage of choice (cava, wine, beer, water, soft drinks)
- Spanish style hot chocolate
- Coffee or tea
What to Expect on Your Tour
Discover Madrid’s historic city center on a family-friendly walking tour with an expert guide. Our Madrid for Kids tour is specially designed for kids ages 6 to 14, with adapted activities and conversation topics for each age group. You can even add on our language learning activities if your kids are interested in practicing their Spanish!
The walking tour explores the city’s beautiful historic center, passing through Madrid’s main sights: The Royal Palace, Plaza de la Villa, San Miguel Market, Plaza Mayor and the Puerta del Sol. The fun and dynamic tour will keep your children engaged throughout with stories of Spanish history– explorers, kings and queens, princes and princesses, knights, artists, and more. For young children, activities and games may include searching for the symbol of Madrid throughout the tour– our beloved “oso” bear!
About one hour into the tour, we’ll make our first stop for a tasting of the best Iberian ham and cured meats at a traditional, family-run ham shop. Adults and children will enjoy a beverage of choice (cava, wine, beer, soft drinks, or water) and kids will learn the art of making Spanish sandwiches, called “bocadillos” as they learn all about Spanish culture and how kids their own age live in Spain.
Towards the end of the route, you’ll make your second food stop at Chocolatería San Ginés, the city’s most famous spot for piping hot churros and chocolate. You’re welcome to have a coffee or tea as a pick me up before continuing the day.
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides, who loves kids! They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map Your Tour
Explore Madrid's most famous historic squares and hidden alleys in the capital's majestic center!
Rave Reviews for This Tour
Our guide was as charming as she was informed. We had a quick stop with our kids in Madrid, and decided to learn about central Madrid. Normally our kids tire of walking tours pretty fast, but guide Aryenta was so personable, and the food so delicious that our kids were as rapt as we were.
Do yourself a favor and start your Madrid trip with one of these tours. We did two tours with them: one with our three kids and one as a date just my wife and I. The guides are engaging, knowledgeable, caring and genuinely nice. The places where they take you are authentic and most importantly, not chains. These are truly mom and pop places that have the real Spanish flavor and feel. Money well spent.
Best tour ever! Our guide was absolutely amazing and was always interesting for the kids! We had absolutely delicious food while also learning a lot. It felt like twenty minutes even though it was a couple hours! It was great for a last minute thing to do in Madrid! I highly recommend it.