Madrid Tapas & Flamenco Tour
Immerse yourself in the passion of flamenco at a top-rated show and enjoy delicious tapas in a local Madrid neighborhood!
- Madrid’s top-rated, hour-long flamenco show seated just steps from the stage
- A feast of hot-off-the-grill tapas across 3 of Madrid's best tapas bars
- The insider tips and tricks of Madrid's tapas scene to make the rest of your stay even more delicious!
- A discovery of the fascinating story of Spanish flamenco with a passionate expert
- An off-the-beaten-path visit through Madrid’s traditional flamenco district
- A peek into a neighborhood shop making world-renowned handcrafted flamenco guitars
This was definitely some of the best food we had on our 2-week Europe trip! The flamenco show was also fantastic; we had front row seats and were blown away by the talent of the dancers and musicians. Having Margit as our tour guide was like having a great friend show us around the best local restaurants—we loved every minute, and would highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting Madrid!
This was easily the highlight of my time in Madrid. I learned so much about the food, culture, and people of this region of Spain. The flamenco show was one of the best things I have ever seen, I can't recommend it enough to anyone. It has to be on everyone's top 5 things to do if they come to Europe.
If you are on the fence about whether or not to book this tour, do not hesitate! It was the highlight of our time in Madrid. Our guide Luke was funny, informative, enthusiastic, and just plain fun to hang out with. His love for the city, its food, and its people was obvious—everywhere we went the proprietors were clearly happy to see him and we got extra special service as a result.
- Tostas—Madrid's most famous tapas on toasted bread
- Spanish cheeses like aged Manchego and creamy Arzúa
- Iberian acorn-fed ham (the good stuff!)
- Beef carpaccio
- Homemade croquettes
- Farm-fresh, seasonal vegetables from restaurant’s gardens
- Olive-oil fried potatoes topped with jamon and homemade brava sauce
- Lightly fried cod fish with a honey ali-oli
- Local Spanish olives
- Paprika-spiced pork sausage
- Creamy, typical dessert from Catalonia
- Sweet Spanish vermouth straight from the tap
- Dry Spanish red wine
- Crisp Spanish white wine
- White wine from Somontano
- Red wine from Somontano
What to Expect on Your Tour
Too many visitors sign up for a flamenco show without really knowing what they’re about to watch. Join us for a night of flamenco and tapas, and an expert guide will walk you through the history of this beautifully tragic dance. In between delicious bites, you’ll learn where flamenco came from and why Madrid’s considered the capital of it all! After a heart-stopping one-hour show, you’ll sit down to a hot-off-the-grill tapas feast—the perfect moment to discuss what you’ve just seen!
Start your night out with the classic Madrid aperitif—a glass of sweet vermouth straight from the tap! You’ll pair it with a classic tapa found all over the city—tostas, or open-faced toasts topped with all sorts of tasty ingredients.
On our way to the next tapas joint, your expert guide will show you why flamenco is so much more than the dance as you pop into a local flamenco shoe store, as well as a traditional flamenco guitar shop.
Next up, you’ll sit down to enjoy a delicious plate of cured meats and cheeses while your guide prepares you for the heart-stopping show you’re about to see!
Then it’s time for the show! Get ready for 50 minutes of raw emotion paired with traditional dancing, and masterful guitar playing and singing.
To finish up the night, you’re off to a family-owned restaurant where they also make their own wine! You’ll enjoy hot-off-the-grill tapas like fried potatoes in a spicy brava sauce and sizzling garlic prawns! It’s the perfect moment to share great food and wine while going over what you’ve all just witnessed!
And as with all Devour Madrid tours, your guide will give you a copy of our Devouring Madrid guide, which is packed with all our favorite places to eat and drink in the city! So put down your guidebook and get ready to experience Madrid like a local!>
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map Your Tour
The Literary Quarter is a gorgeous neighborhood steeped in flamenco history and built during Spain's Golden Age