Evening Tapas & Flamenco Tour
Immerse yourself in the drama and passion of flamenco and devour delicious tapas in a neighborhood steeped in flamenco tradition!
- Discover the complex and exciting story of Spanish flamenco from our expert guide before you see the show.
- Delve into the world of flamenco in the neighborhood that is famous for it!
- Feast on hot-off-the-grill tapas made using 100+ year old recipes
- Dive into Madrid's famous tapas scene across three very locally loved eateries.
- We visit and support local, family-run businesses that are extremely proud of what they do.
- Peek into a neighborhood shop that has been handcrafting guitars for flamenco greats for decades.
- Local delicacies piled high on crusty bread
- Spanish cheeses like aged Manchego and creamy Arzúa.
- Iberian acorn-fed ham
- Sizzling garlic shrimp
- Hot-off-the-grill Iberian tenderloin steaks
- Olive-oil fried potatoes in homemade bravas sauce
- Crusty bread ready for dipping!
- Chocolate-covered Spanish fig bonbon
- Padrón peppers. Will you score the spicy one?
- Spanish olives
- Paprika-spiced pork sausage
- Sweet Spanish vermouth straight from the tap
- Dry Spanish red wine
- Crisp Spanish white wine
- Red or white wine from the Toro region
- Fortified, sweet red wine
- Local Madrid lager beer
What to Expect on Your Tour
Join us for a delicious and dramatic evening of Madrid’s best tapas and flamenco! On our four-hour Madrid Tapas and Flamenco Tour you’ll discover why Madrid is called the Capital of Flamenco (hint: this is where the great performers come to make their name!) and taste why the Spanish capital is famous for its incredible tapas bars.
Too many visitors to Spain watch a flamenco show without really knowing what it’s all about. Or eat tapas without knowing where to go, or how to do it like a local. By taking this tour, you’ll gain a new-found knowledge, appreciation and love of both!
Your expert guide will meet you in one of Madrid’s most beautiful neighborhoods – the Literary Quarter – and whisk you off to two gorgeous family-run tapas bars. Over glasses of great local wine, some of the country’s best cured ham, cheese and other tapas, your guide will give you a crash course in tapas-hopping Madrid-style as well as a fascinating introduction to the age-old and mysterious story of flamenco. All your questions will be answered – where was this unique art form born, what are they singing about, how does flamenco fit into Spanish culture today… Then, armed with all that knowledge, your guide will lead you to Madrid’s famous flamenco venue Cardamomo where you’ll settle in with a drink and soak up the power, drama and spectacle of world-class flamenco singers, dancers and guitar players.
As the music settles, the evening continues, and you’ll head to a tucked-away tavern where you’ll sit down to a hearty dinner of hot-off-the-grill tapas and glasses of wine from the tavern’s own vineyard. Plus, of course, something sweet (and surprising) for dessert.
And as with all Devour Madrid tours, your guide will give you a copy of our Devouring Madrid mini-guide, which is packed with all our favourite places to eat and drink in the city, so you’ll be eating well for the rest of your stay!
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map Your Tour
The Literary Quarter is a gorgeous neighborhood steeped in flamenco history and built during Spain's Golden Age
Rave Reviews for This Tour
As a solo traveller I like to book interesting tours to get to know the city. I am so happy I booked the Tapas and Flamenco tour with Devour Madrid. It is worth the money!... The flamenco show was wonderful - I could not take my eyes from the stage. Dinner after the show was more tapas - come hungry because you eat and drink a lot.
I can not stress enough how much fun this tour is.... They focus on locally owned businesses and truly make you feel at home.... Do not hesitate to book this tour. You will have more food than you can ever finish and a wonderful assortment of tapas that immerses you into the culture of Madrid. The flamenco is absolutely amazing and you will have front row seats. This was definitely one of the highlights of our trip.definitely one of the highlights of our trip.
Paula educated us on the history behind tapas and flamenco, culture, customs, everything. I wish we had taken this tour at the beginning of our vacation because we learned so much. The flamenco show was entertaining and interesting and a once in a lifetime experience. We absolutely loved this tour and would recommend it to everyone.