Evening Tapas & Wine Tasting Tour
Dive into the delicious world of Spanish wine across 4 storied tapas bars (some over 100 years old!) in Madrid's historic city center.
- Sip your way across Spain- from sparkling cava to bold, red tempranillo.
- Devour made-to-order tapas at eateries so emblematic that they are part of the Madrid social fibre.
- Whether you’re a wine connoisseur or just love to sip, you’ll learn tips for enjoying (and ordering!) tapas and wine in Spain
- Learn (and taste!) why not all ham is created equal! Savor hams that run upwards of €200 per kilo!
- Meet the proud families who cook, serve and love Spanish food in the bars they´ve been running for generations
- Try your hand at blind wine tasting. Can you pick out the differences between 3 Spanish reds?
- Creamy saltcod croquette
- Iberian acorn-fed, free-range ham
- Cured Manchego cheese
- Sizzling garlic shrimp
- Ana's famous beef meatballs
- Fresh from the market, vinegar-cured anchovies
- The best olive oil in the world
- Freshly grilled pork sausage
- Crispy potatoes with homemade bravas sauce
- Padrón peppers
- Crusty bread ready for dipping!
- Chocolate-covered fig bonbon
- Sweet Spanish vermouth straight from the tap
- Dry sparkling cava
- Crisp Spanish white wine
- Dry Spanish rosé wine
- Blind tasting of 3 Spanish red wines
- Fortified sweet red wine
What to Expect on Your Tour
Join us for a mouth-watering evening of Madrid’s most delicious tapas and Spain’s incredible wines across four of the capital’s best tucked-away, family-run tapas bars! Cool draft vermouth, freshly-sliced jamón paired with sparkling cava and hot-off-the-grill tapas washed down with full-bodied reds – you’ll taste it all, learn a lot and be led by a passionate English-speaking expert wine guide on this 3-hour Madrid tapas and wine tasting tour! The evening begins in true Madrid style – surrounded by locals in an historic, atmospheric tavern sipping vermouth and nibbling on tapas. Your guide will let you in on the secret of this local aperitif tradition and give you essential tips for doing tapas like a local. Next, you’ll be whisked off to a hidden family-run deli and tapas bar where Spain’s greatest delicacy – yes, jamón! – will be sliced before your eyes by a master carver. As the slices of acorn-fed black-hoof jamón melt on your tongue you’ll wash it back with (and learn all about) the perfect pairing – Spanish sparkling cava. But the night is young! Next you’ll sip white and rosé wine and taste the house specialties at a gorgeous 19th century tavern run by a mother and her two sons. And finally you’ll head to another iconic tavern run by a family who makes their own wine. Over plates of sizzling prawns and juicy grilled tapas your guide will lead a fun and informative tasting of the family’s four red wines. You’ll discover Spain’s most famous grape, decode the complex system of Spanish wine labeling and learn what makes Spain (the world’s largest vineyard!) the sleeping giant of the wine world. And of course, you’ll finish up your experience with something sinfully sweet. As with all Devour Madrid food tours, you’ll be led by one of our small team of expert, passionate English-speaking guides. And you’ll get a copy of our Devouring Madrid guide, which is packed with all our favorite places to eat and drink in the city. Plus, exclusive to this tour, you’ll also get our Madrid Wine Guide, which will ensure the great wine flows freely for the rest of your stay.
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map your tour
Explore Madrid's most famous historic squares and hidden lanes in the capital's majestic centre