Hidden Madrid Food & Market Adventure
Experience Madrid like a local in the gorgeous Literary Quarter where the city's best tapas, sweets and delicacies are waiting to be discovered!
- Discover a thriving neighborhood through the eyes of a local as you pop into shops, tapas bars, the local market and more. You’ll be an honorary Madrileño for the day!
- Taste local wines and cheeses at our favorite neighborhood deli and learn its mysterious past from the Spanish Civil War!
- Visit the secret back room of Madrid’s oldest grocery store, and taste things you can normally only buy!
- Explore the local Anton Martin Market where you’ll meet the vendors, learn their stories, and taste their incredible food.
- Learn how to do tapas like a local enjoy the midday tradition of draft vermouth and 'tostas' piled high with fresh ingredients.
- Finish with the creamiest cheesecake in town baked in 100+ year old ovens with fresh Galician cheese.
- Freshly fried Madrid-style churros
- 4 unique styles of Spanish artisanal cheese
- Tasting of artisan jams, honeys & olive oils
- Homemade vinegar-cured anchovy
- Slow-roasted porchetta atop homemade bread
- 2 styles of Spain's famous cured ham
- Cold smoked cured beef shaved paper-thin
- 6 styles of olives, most only available in Spain
- Galician cheesecake
- Tostas--Madrid's go-to tapa!
- Steaming hot chocolate
- Spanish red wine
- Spanish white wine
- Sparkling, dry Spanish cava
- Sweet red Spanish vermouth straight from the tap!
What to Expect on Your Tour
Discover a side of Madrid few visitors ever see! On this daytime foodie adventure you’ll immerse yourself in Madrid’s gorgeous, off-the-beaten-path Literary Quarter, one of the city’s most historic local neighborhoods and a place where Spain’s literary idols have lived (and eaten!) for centuries. You’ll fall in love with its tree-lined cobblestone streets, gorgeous architecture, and small family-run boutiques and eateries— which is where you’re headed on this food tour! Go behind the scenes at the oldest grocery store in Madrid and try their locally made delicacies in a secret tasting room. Indulge in the city’s best tapas & treats at family-run bars and cafés that are hidden in plain sight. Stroll through a buzzing neighborhood market, meet the the vendors and taste their specialties including acorn-fed black-hoofed ham from friendliest butcher in the business! In short, you’ll discover the foods and flavors that are a true expression of a real Madrid neighborhood. Along the way you’ll meet the hardworking local people behind Madrid’s great food and learn their stories, along with the fascinating history of the neighborhood they call home. Hidden gems, intriguing stories and mysterious tales await throughout this beautiful neighborhood! And as with all Devour Madrid tours, you’ll get our Devouring Madrid Guide, which is packed with all our favorite places to eat, drink and shop in the city, so you’ll be eating well for the rest of your stay! Bring your appetite for a morning of off-the-beaten-path foodie bliss!
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map your tour
One of Madrid’s most historic local neighborhoods and a place where Spain’s literary idols have lived (and eaten!) for centuries.