Skip the Line Reina Sofia Museum & Tapas Tour
Tour the Reina Sofia Museum to discover the stories behind Spain’s 20th century art, followed by a tapas crawl in Madrid’s most bohemian neighborhood!
- Special access—skip the line and see the best of the Reina Sofia Museum in just 1.5 hours (tickets included)!
- See how ancient meets modern in 3 unique neighborhood tapas bars
- Sip on craft vermouth as you discover why this trendy beverage is taking the city by storm!
- Insider tips and tricks of Madrid's tapas scene to make the rest of your stay even more delicious
- Demystify the meaning behind some of Spain’s most famous contemporary artworks
- Explore the bohemian Lavapies neighborhood, with more art galleries, theaters and street art than any other area of Madrid
- Farm-fresh tapa of your choice
- Grilled shrimp
- Vinegar-cured anchovies
- Madrid’s famous potato salad
- Cured Spanish sausages
- Craft Spanish vermouth
- A perfectly poured caña (local lager beer)
- Red or white Spanish wine
What to Expect on Your Tour
War, hunger, upheaval, drugs, gentrification, determination, hope. These are the stories that drove the art of 20th century Spain. Discover how this tumultuous century unfolded through the eyes of Spain’s great Modern artists with a fascinating 1.5-hour tour of Madrid’s Reina Sofia modern art museum. Then weave into the bohemian neighborhood of Lavapies, home to more theaters, art galleries and bookstores than any other barrio in Madrid, for tapas at three emblematic stops.
From the brutality of the Spanish Civil War through the craziness of Spain’s first years of democracy, the Reina Sofia Museum of Modern Art is filled with the stories of 20th century Spain. Discover Picasso’s pain, Dali’s eccentricity and Miró’s imagination during a 1.5-hour Reina Sofia Museum tour. Uncover the mysteries of this volatile century, both dreary and hopeful, through two dozen of the museum’s masterpieces.
Next, you’ll see those stories come to life in Madrid’s bohemian Lavapies neighborhood, where you’ll visit three of the area’s most classic tapas bars.
First, whet your appetite with craft vermouth before strolling down the street with more art galleries than any other street in Madrid.
Afterwards, you’ll crowd into a beloved, century-old tapas bar to try what they’re most known for—seafood-centric tapas!
Just around the corner, you’ll head to the last stop. Pop into a modern wine bar, where you’ll try a totally different tapa. Try to keep your head from spinning at the how fast this neighborhood can change—that’s the beauty of Lavapies!
And as with all Devour Madrid tours, your guide will give you a copy of our Devouring Madrid guide, which is packed with all our favorite places to eat and drink in the city! So put down your guidebook and get ready to experience Madrid like a local!
About Our Expert Guides
Your tour will be lead by one of our expert, English-speaking guides. They’re all gifted storytellers who are smart, passionate and talented and whose excitement for this country is contagious!Meet them here!
Map Your Tour
Century-old bars stand alongside modern and hip wine bars, in streets filled with more art galleries, bookshops, theaters and street art than any other neighborhood in Madrid.